[wptabs style=”smoothness” effect=”fade” mode=”horizontal”] [wptabtitle] Strategic Planning[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Why Outside Facilitation is Critical
Success in business starts with developing a sound strategy. Once the core issue is clearly identified, an effective strategy can be developed to overcome it. But, uncovering the core problem or challenge and then devising an effective strategy is often easier said than done. The reason is that we all have blind spots – even as a team. It doesn’t matter how bright we are, how educated we are, or how experienced we are – we all have them. These blind spots limit our beliefs, thoughts, and actions, which cause us to misdiagnose problems, overlook solutions, and miss opportunities.
We help ensure that you properly identify the key problem, because, a strategy which “solves” symptoms simply creates more problems. By taking a participatory approach, we help executives carefully think through possibilities and develop strategic plans with the best potential and least risk. We help initiate provocative dialog and facilitate productive conversations.
We help you distinguish among strategies, tactics and goals, and help avoid those great sounding platitudes which feel good but won’t really make a difference. We help expand the thinking of your team, because limited thinking produces incremental improvement. Fresh, expansive thinking is required to realize fundamental change and growth. Additionally, our insights and guidance can accelerate the implementation of those strategies.
A well-developed strategy has three components:
- A good strategy defines the direction a company must move in to address a problem. This strategic direction makes use of and leverages an organization’s strengths and advantages.
- A good strategy identifies specific actions to be taken in order to achieve the company’s strategic objective. These actions need to work in harmony with one another in order to maximize the results of the efforts.
- A good strategy achieves leverage, reduces risk, and affords the greatest upside potential
The unique set of talents we bring to the table:
- We have a distinct way of thinking which allows us to see patterns where others simply see complexity
- We have a keen ability to sort through the clutter and find the best route to a solution
- We bring objective perspective and a fresh viewpoint to the table, gained over 30 years of domestic and international experience
How we help you and your team:
- We help you stay on point to get to the solution as fast as possible
- We help you distinguish between problems and symptoms
- We help you distinguish between strategies and tactics
- We help you avoid “group thinking”
- We reveal “Blind Spots”
- We point out and challenge limiting beliefs
- We provide objective perspective – no hidden agendas or ulterior motives
- We act as an unbiased sounding board
- We collaboratively develop creative solutions and strategies
[/wptabcontent] [wptabtitle] Strategic Excellence Process[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Eliciting Strategic Excellence TM
Analyze the current situation, distinguish between symptoms and problems, and identify the keystone problem or issue.
Brainstorm the strategy that best addresses the problem – leveraging strengths, minimizing risks, and maximizing potential.
Choose the initiatives needed in each functional department to achieve the strategic objective.
Design specific tactics to implement for each initiative.
Establish the parameters necessary for measuring performance along with appropriate goals, timetables, accountability.
Facilitate effective execution by ensuring buy-in, proper alignment, effective communication, strong engagement, and collaboration.