A STRONG SUCCESSOR IS ESSENTIAL
FOR A SUCCESSFUL SUCCESSION
Knowing the mechanics of a business and running a company effectively require very different skill sets. Just knowing how a business runs doesn’t mean a successor will succeed because there are other important competencies that are critical to master in order to be effective. Since so much is riding on their success, having an objective, unemotional assessment is essential.
For most people, these leadership and ownership
competencies don’t come naturally.
They need to be developed.
OUR 360° SUCCESSOR ASSESSMENT
Effective development starts with an objective assessment of a successor’s traits and competencies, and our 360° assessment does just that. Based on almost two decades of insights and experience, this confidential assessment highlights a successor’s strengths and weaknesses so an effective plan of development can be created.
This assessment provides insights on the 35 competencies essential to a successor’s ability to bring out the best in people, think strategically & gain buy-in, and make good decisions.
1) Bringing Out the Best in People:
Exceptional leaders bring out the best in people by having a strong character (things like integrity, attitude, emotional control, etc.) and by having strong interpersonal skills (things like effective communication, conflict resolution, coaching & mentoring, etc.). When a leader brings out the best in people, exceptional results are achieved.
2) Thinking Strategically & Gaining Buy-in:
Exceptional leaders think strategically rather than tactically. They develop vision and hone their ability to influence others to get buy-in for their ideas and plans. When good strategies are developed and people are committed to the success of those strategies, exceptional results are achieved.
3) Making Good Decisions:
Exceptional leaders have good judgment and make well thought out decisions. They learn from their mistakes, improve their judgment and become business savvy in the process. Improving judgment helps minimize missteps and risk, which leads to better decisions. When good decisions are made, exceptional results are achieved.
This assessment will reveal a successor’s strengths, their weaknesses, and how they’re perceived by others.
All this is included
- Confidential feedback from the people most familiar with the successor: the owner, peers, direct reports, indirect reports, customers, etc.. (Generally about 15-25 people.)
- An in-depth report (30-40 pages) providing keen insights into a successor’s strengths and weaknesses, along with how a successor is perceived within the organization. You’ll be able to identify which competencies need further development for success.
- A confidential, 60-90 minute debrief session with one of our executive coaches to help you interpret results, gain perspective, and gain insights into how the successor can become more effective.
360° Successor Assessment